Step 4. Dream Symbols
The next step of dream interpretation involves writing a brief description on each of the dream symbols you have identified.
As you do this bare the following questions in mind:
• How you feel about this action/setting/object/person/feeling in waking life?
• How you feel about this action/setting/object/person/feeling in the dream?
• What purpose does this action/setting/object/person/feeling have in waking life?
• What purpose does this action/setting/object/person/feeling have in the dream?
• Are there any distinguishing features about this action/setting/object/person/feeling in the dream that stand out?
Look closely at the dream analysis PDF example here for how I described all the symbols in the sample dream.
I cannot stress enough how important it is to write all your information down!
It is much easier to know where the dream is going if it is all written down in front of you.
Go into as much detail as you can. At first, when you have just started out interpreting dreams the more information you include the better off you will be able to discover the meaning of dreams.
Next Page Step 5. Understanding Dream Symbols
Return from Step 4. Dream Symbols to Dream Interpretation
Return to the Home Page