Discover the REAL meaning of dreams
Considering how much time we spend dreaming, the real meaning of dreams seems to elude most of us.
We know surprisingly little about why we dream, how we create the images we see or what purpose it serves us as a species.
How many times have you dreamt about something, then googled your dream to try and figure out what it meant? I know I used to do that all the time…until I got increasingly disappointed with the one sentence answers I found on the dream dictionary sites.
And although, it satisfies that instant need for an answer, you gain no better knowledge of yourself or your dreams.
Really when you think about it, how could a random online dream dictionary give you any insight into something you, a very unique human being with your own ideas about life, created?
Thus began the project of real meaning of dreams.
This website is the product of many months of research propelled by my desire to provide the real answers to YOUR dream questions, by means of showing YOU, how you can become your own dream expert. By teaching you how to interpret dreams yourself.
And it's not hard!
I am dedicated to teaching everybody the art of dream interpretation, covering all aspects of dreaming from understanding the sleeping brain, to offering an easy to follow dream interpretation tutorial, to understanding how societal influences do lead us to experience common dreams all over the world.
But Although we do often dream about common themes, our dreams are essentially unique to each and every one of us. And this is the most important factor to understand when dealing with dreams.
Your dreaming brain creates the images you see every night so it makes sense that only you, the author of your dreams can make sense of what they mean.
NO dream dictionary can help you understand yourself.
Take advantage of this free educational resource based on true scientific facts and studies to provide the real meaning of dreams. Stop visiting the plethora of dream dictionaries online, which while providing a quick way of getting a basic answer to your dream questions, does nothing to expand your knowledge of yourself, how you think, your relationships with others or life in general.
You will be amazed at the clarity and self-awareness that understanding the meaning of dreams can add to your waking life.
You may be eager to start interpreting your dreams right now in which case visit our dream interpretation tutorial. Or if you want a quick reference tool for your most recent dream themes check out our vast database of common dream themes.
Enjoy the process of self-discovery and start relying on yourself to decipher the meaning of dreams.
YOU WON’T LOOK BACK!
“dreams pay as much attention to you as you pay to them.”
prominent dream researcher Jean Campbell
- Meaning of Dreams Blog
- The Meaning of Dreams Blog keeps you up-to- date with everything new that is happening here at realmeaningofdreams.com website.
- Easy Dream Interpretation Tutorial
- Learn how easy it is to discover the meaning of dreams with our dream interpretation tutorial. Understand why dream dictionaries don't work and how you can become your own dream expert.
- What Do Dreams Mean?
- What do DREAMS MEAN? Dreams are a fascinating insight into your unconscious thoughts and feelings about everyday issues and events. Use our free online resources to help uncover what your dreams mean!
- What are Dreams?
- What are Dreams? This question has been asked by man for centuries. Dreams are an involuntary conjuring up of images during sleep.
- Common Dreams
- Common dreams are universal dreams that we had all had at one point or another. Where we are flying, or perhaps being chased. And although the dream senario surrounding these dreams is unique...
- Why do we have Nightmares?
- What are nightmares and why do we have them? Is there anything that can be done to stop nightmares?
- Lucid Dreaming
- What is Lucid Dreaming? Why would you want to have Lucid Dreams? Find out answers to these questions and more.
- Dream Research
- What is Dream Research? Why did people start researching dreams and what is dream research today all about?
- Amazing Dream Facts
- Amazing dream facts is the place to go to find out answers to all your dream related questions, no matter how strange!
- Dream Art and Creativity
- Dream art inspired from nightly escapades. Through dreams we are able to explore our unconscious minds potential. Creative people like artists have been tapping into this potential for centuries.
- Everything about Sleep
- Why do we sleep? How much is enough? Find answers to every question you ever had about sleep.
- Dream Bookstore 1
- Our dream bookstore provides a complete listing of our personal recommendations of the very best books available on dreaming
- Contact Us
- Contact us if you have any questions or suggestions for our site.
- Betsy Davids Dream Art
- Betsy Davids, M.A. (English), is a Professor of Humanities and Fine Arts at California College of Arts and Crafts, where she teaches dream writing, literature and art in seminars and studio courses
- Diane Rusnak Dream Art
- Diane Rusnak is a Bay Area artist who has been working primarily from dreams for the past fifteen years
- Jane Gifford Dream Art
- Jane Gifford’s practice is rooted in exploring the cumulative processes of dreaming, the concept of dream diaries, language and narrative
- Jim Shaw Dream Artist
- California-based artist Jim Shaw creates artwork that morphs a pop sensibility with uneasiness, resulting in images that are both arresting and disquieting.
- Lisa Marie Rasmussen Dream Artist
- Much of Lisa Marie Rasmussen's art has been inspired by dreams. She finds that her dreams take upon new dimensions when she places them on canvas.
- Paxton Dream Artist
- In the surrealist tradition, Paxton's work stems from the artist’s
- Amy Stevenson Dream Artist
- AmyS tevenson is an artist who is inspired by dreams.
- David Reisman Dream Artist
- David Reisman, is known for his dream art, where he believes his dreams are a source of imagery uniquely his own. Moreover, they are a limitless source, perfect for maintaining a daily practice.
- Suzanne Scherer and Pavel Ouporov Dream Artists
- Have received international recognition for their collaborative works encompassing painting, photography, video, and installation that draws on Medieval icons, Russian art history and literature.
- What is an RSS Feed?
- RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication". It is a way to be updated with news headlines, new blog entries and video updates to any site that you subscribe to.
- Slow Wave with Jesse Reklaw
- Slow Wave is the cartooned unconscious. A weekly comic strip based on actual dreams by different people from around the world. Submit your own.
- Exam Dreams
- Why do we have exam dreams? For most of us, Examinations are up there with the most stressful experiences of our lives, thus it is pretty easy to understand why they make appearances in our dreams.
- Dreams about New Talents
- Mastering new talents in your dreams is powerful and if you listen in you will find you can achieve wonderful personal progress by facilitating the learning you are experiencing in your dream
- Dream Quotes
- Dream quotes contains notable quotes from well known dreamers, artists, authors and psychologists. Quotes that inspire the mind, quotes that you can relate to on your path of dream interpretation.
- Contribute your dreams
- Contribute your dreams to our dream blog and share your wonderful dream experiences with our readers.